Following on from my post of the chocolate scone recipe, I thought I’d share the mince parcels recipe too. They are a delicious alternative to the mince pie, which I found and adapted as a result of going to slimming world classes.
It’s a pretty simple recipe, easy to do and doesn’t take very long either. Great for a last minute bake for a Christmas get-together.
filo pastry,defrosted if frozen
1. Set the oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C. Cut the stack of filo pastry sheets into squares ( I cut each large sheet into 8 squares). Cover with cling film while you work with them.
2. Melt the butter in a pan on a low heat and brush the insides of a bun tray with melter butter. Layer up 2 filo pastry squares in the base of a tin, brushing each layer with butter and arranging the pastry at alternate angles, like the points of a star.
3. Spoon 1 tsp mincemeat into each filo tart, brush edges of pastry with melted butter and pinch the edges together to resemble a dumpling.
4. Bake for 5 mins, until lightly brown and crispy.
5. Leave to cool and dust with icing sugar to serve.
For an alternative, add some cranberries / chocolate chips / nuts with the mincemeat.