With all the recent posts on the facebook page and feedback from the Christmas Fair today, I thought I’d share the chocolate scone recipe with you all. It’s an old recipe that I’ve adapted, so apologies for the imperial measurements!
8oz plain flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
2 oz butter
1/4 pt milk (approx. to mix)
2oz chocolate chips
1. Sieve all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
2. Add butter and rub into breadcrumbs.
3. Add chocolate chips.
4. Add milk slowly to form a soft dough.
5. roll out dough on a floured surface to approx. 1 inch think and cut into desired shape with a cutter.
6. Place on a floured baking sheet and bake in a hot oven (200 – 220 in an electric oven) for around 10 minutes.
I always brush mine with milk before baking, but that’s a personal choice. The time to bake will depend on your oven, mine take about 9 – 10 minutes on 200 as it’s a fan oven. Just keep checking on them.